- 2 Sheets of ALDI short crust pastry
- Foster Clarks custard powder
- Milk (for custard making)
- Sugar (for custard making)
- Sliced fruit (Kiwi, mandarin, pineapple)
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees fan force
- Once pastry has been defrosted, cut out pastry circle to go into mini muffin tins.
- Grease the muffin tins placed cut out pastry in.
- Place holes on the base of pastry with fork, line pastry with baking paper.
- Then place lentils or rice inside
- Bake for 12-15 mins.
- Remove the lentils and then further bake for 5-10 mins until done.
- Take out and cool
- Make custard as per packet instructions
- Pour custard into cooled pastries
- place fruit pieces onto of custard.
- Pastry had a more savory texture then a buttery texture. Try another pastry and adjust the baking time accordingly next time. The ALDI pastry seem to be good for apple pie. Has that kind of favor to it.